? ??????????????Love Is Strange? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.4 (33 Ratings)??26 Grabs Today. 40103 Total Grabs.
??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????Eternal Love? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.4 (48 Ratings)??25 Grabs Today. 28455 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???? BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, October 30, 2009

Wonders of the ever-growing technology

Earlier on during the week I decided to further my interaction skills and became one of many fans that use Skype daily as a communication device. I was intrigued to further my horizons after learning about tweeting and being an avid facebook addict, why not try out a new method of contacting friends and family around the world. I went ahead and purchased a portable camera and set up my Skype account. Within minutes I was hooked up and connected to the rest of the world on more of a personal level.

I was amazed as to how it was possible to simply view a friend that was thousand of kilometres across the world. The transition of technology immediately caught me by surprise. I was reminded of the moment I expressed my ignorance when my mom asked me to fax a letter whilst at her office and I replied by saying, “why has the paper come back to me and not sent?” to my surprise it did in fact not ravel up and send thru the wires that plugged the fax machine into the wall. As if this wasn’t mind blowing enough for me, the idea of seeing my parents who were in our house in Durban live, while talking to me took my breath away.

I informed them that we should talk over Skype, as it was a cheap method of communication that would allow us to see one another. Their excitement was as great as mine and was stunned at the fact that we were seeing each other after a few months since my last visit home. I was in awe as I watched my mom sit with a grin on her face and for the first time ever she was speechless and I could get a word in edgeways. My dad went on to take a tour through the house with the laptop and show off all his new handyman additions that had been attended to. I have never experienced such a fulfilling moment that was captured through the eye of technology.

Defiantly something I have never done and now I can firmly say that I’m possibly as addicted to Skype and the wonders of technology as I am to facebook.

Tay Johnston

0 comments: